COVID-19 IN THE AMERICAS: COUNTRIES AND CONTEXT (PERU AND ARGENTINA)
September 30, 2020
- Felicia Knaul, Director, University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas
- Adolfo Rubinstein, Director of the Center for Implementation and Innovation in Health Policies
- Patricia Garcia, School of Public Health, Cayetano Heredia University – Peru
WEBINAR ON WOMEN’S HEALTH LEADERSHIP: WHICH ARE THE CHALLENGES SET BY THE PANDEMIC?
July 23, 2020
- Analía López, family physician, advisor at the Center for Implementation and Innovation in Health Policies and former cabinet chief of National Ministry of Health;
- Pharmacist Claudia Najul, Member of the National Congress and Secretary of the Social Action and Public Health Committee of the National Congress. Former Minister of Health of Mendoza;
- Bachelor Vanina Camporale, Senior Officer of Health Sector Operations in Latin America and the Caribbean of the World Bank;
- Paula Zingoni, Family Physician and Director General of Operational Planning of the Ministry of Health in the City of Buenos Aires.
- Miriam Burgos, Infectious Disease specialist in charge of the Programming Area Division of the Hospital E. Tornú of the City of Buenos Aires
- Moderator: Bachelor Carolina Amoroso, communicator and journalist at Todo Noticias
COVID-19 WEBINAR: CHALLENGES FOR THE ARGENTINE HEALTH SYSTEM AND SOCIETY
June 25th, 2020
Activity in charge of the Center for Implementation and Innovation in Health Policies (Centro de Implementación e Innovación en Políticas de Salud) (CIIPS). Moderated by Forbes Argentina journalist Alex Milberg, with five speakers with extensive experience in health systems management:
- Dr. Adolfo Rubinstein, Director of the Center for Implementation and Innovation in Health Policies (Centro de Implementación e Innovación en Políticas de Salud – CIIPS)
- Fernán Quirós, Health Minister of the City of Buenos Aires
- Alfredo Stern, Medical Director of FATSA/OSPSA
- Bachelor Hugo Magonza, General Director of CEMIC
- Mario Fiad, President of the National Senate Health Committee
The issues addressed were related to the impact of the pandemic on the Argentine health system, both in the public, the private and the social security sectors, as well as the health measures adopted as regards COVID-19.
WEBINAR: FORECASTING THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC POLICIES AGAINST COVID-19
June 30th, 2020
Through a webinar organized by the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), an “Integral Model for Preparation and Response of the Latin American and Caribbean Health Systems in order to estimate the impact of the expansion of COVID-19” was presented, developed by the Center for Implementation and Innovation in Health Policies (Centro de Implementación e Innovación en Políticas de Salud – CIIPS) and the Department of Economic Evaluations and Health Technology Assessment of the Institute for Clinical Effectiveness and Health Policy (Instituto de Efectividad Clínica y Sanitaria – IECS).