IECS (from the Spanish, Institute for Clinical Effectiveness and Health Policy) is a non-profit autonomous academic institution devoted to research, education and technical cooperation in healthcare.
It is affiliated with the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) School of Medicine, and houses an executive unit of the CONICET (Argentine National Scientific and Technical Research Council), one Collaborating center of the World Health Organization (WHO) and a Cochrane Center. Founded in 2002, its mission is “to contribute with improving overall health, creating and promoting the use of the best scientific evidence”.
IECS is made up of several departments, centers and units.
• Department of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) and Health Economics
• Department of Mother and Child Health Research
• Department of Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety
• Department of Research on Chronic Diseases
• Department of Education
• Center for Implementation and Innovation in Health Policies (CIIPS)
• IECS-Argentine Cochrane Center
• Center for Research on Epidemiology and Public Health
• Center of Excellence in Cardiovascular Health for South America
• Center for Research and Implementation in Palliative Care
• Center for Excellence in Cancer Research
• Statistics, Data Management and Information Systems Unit
• Qualitative Research on Health Unit
• Communication Unit
• Operations Management and Support Unit