Mother and Child Health Research
The MCHR aims to help improve the global health of mothers and their children.
Its specific objectives are:
- to contribute to the setting of health priorities through designing and conducting observational studies and epidemiological surveillance;
- to identify effective health care interventions for preventing or treating priority problems through the design and performance of systematic reviews;
- to find original health care interventions for those unsolved priority problems, through the design and performance of rigorous clinical trials;
- to promote the use of humane, evidence-based healthcare among health providers and users; and
- to train health providers in research methods and in evidence-based clinical practices.